Wednesday, March 12, 2014

~Halloween and baby Brooklynn

Tooty-pants is just so tired!  I don't know if I have ever mentioned why we call him "tooty-pants."  During the entire time I nursed him, he had lots of stomach problems and horrible gas.  I knew it was something I was eating so I took out a lot of food, but never milk (never had a problem with any of the other boys).  After I stopped nursing we found that Levi was/is lactose intolerant.  We've tried several times over the last few years to see if he's grown out of it, but the outcome is still the same.  The other night we got home from a date and the babysitter had given all the boys ice cream.  She knows he can't have regular milk but it didn't occur to her that she shouldn't give him ice cream.  He cried all night and had terrible gas. :(  Long night for everyone!



Halloween.  Love when I find good deals on costumes.  $5 at Old Navy


We spent the afternoon at the school carnival and then crashed North Pole Ward's Halloween party.  It was fun!
 
Amidst the holiday, Holly's sweet baby Brooklynn was born.  Because of Holly's blood pressure the drs felt that baby was better out than in.  Brooklynn was born about a month early.  Sweet girl was in the NICU for two weeks, having issues breathing and eating.  My mommy heart is hurting for Holly.  I was hoping to be there for the birth, to help with Annalee and Bentley, but Holly said to stick with the original plan.  I will be there the second week in November to visit for a week.  Brooklynn is named after me.  Lynn is my middle name, thus the double "n" in her name.  Now I have two nieces named after me...Brooklynn Kim and Kaylee Michelle (Jeremy's oldest daughter.)  Warms my heart.

 
I started off my life in much the same way as Brooklynn. I was also born a month early, weighing 5 pounds 4 ounces.  I was flown to Phoenix twice (from Springerville) and spent many days in intensive care, looking much like Brooklynn, hooked up to a million machines.  Right before the first airplane trip, they were afraid I wasn't going to make it so I was given my name and a blessing at the airport just before take-off.
 
 We got family pictures and for some dumb reason I didn't get the CD.  The pictures are textured so they didn't scan well.  I thought I would still add this one.  Adam and I don't have very many pictures together and I kinda like this one.


1 comment:

Tamera said...

I love that you're catching us up on all the fun things you do. I've giggled and sighed as I've read the past few entries.:)
And you have to know how much Ethan likes you. He wouldn't waste time playing a trick on someone he didn't care about.