Sunday, March 9, 2014

~Beginning of September 2013

Again trying to play catch-up...
 
Our final harvest from the garden was this lettuce.  Can I just say I LOVE fresh lettuce!!  It's so satisfying to walk out the front door and pick fresh veggies that we've grown ourselves.  Adam heard somewhere that lettuce will last a long time in just a plain ol ziplock and something about paper towels.  There was a miscommunication somewhere because I thought I was supposed to wash it and then separate it with paper towels.  Needless to say THAT did not work.  My lettuce didn't last long at all.  Come to find out, I had everything all wrong.  Oh well, we'll try again next year.
 
 
 
 
Our neighbor had a yard sale so I and the kids stopped by.  They had this nifty little raft for sale and it looked fun, so I bought it.  We took it out on a little pond and had a fun taking turns riding in it with dad.  You may notice fishing poles, but as usual we didn't catch anything.  Always fun to try though.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jett's Birthday is September 1st.  He picked purple pancakes for his birthday breakfast.  King for a day! Jett is now 4 years old.
 Love that smile.
 We had a great outdoor activity with the young women.  Mud obstacle course.  It was fun!

No comments: