Sunday, March 9, 2014

~End of September 2013


The boys finished off running club with a bang.  They both did fantastic especially since the last race was a little over two miles.  Boy were they tired!  So proud of my little runners.
 
 
Another great activity with the young men and young women.  I have been blessed, as I've served in the church, to meet awesome people along the way.  I've been able make great contacts that have brought about fun opportunities for the youth in our ward.  I met a women who was impressed that our church provides good wholesome activities for our youth and we do it on a weekly basis.  She volunteered to come and teach the kids about scuba diving (free of charge I might add).  It was awesome.  Full equipment and great instructors.  Once in a lifetime experience!
 
 
 
Before it snowed Adam put together some playground equipment that's been kicking around the yard.  WHAT A PAIN!! 
 After a long day, we have a finished product.  The boys love it!  Thanks dad!
 
 Date night!  A chilly, but fun night at the Salmon Bake.  While Adam and I were finishing up our dessert, we saw a women with a HUGE plate of crab legs.  We kinda laughed and commented that she must be really hungry.  The next moment she was stuffing them in her purse!!  She noticed us watching and winked, then continued filling her bag.  First off, can you say dishonest?  Second, how gross to have crab legs in your purse.  Ewww!  Later as we were leaving, we saw her walk into the gift shop.  The thought crossed my mind, "What else is she going to stick in her purse?"  If you steal crab legs from an all-you-can-eat restaurant, is that really less of a sin than stealing something of greater value?  Most people would never think of stealing a car, but did this woman think twice about the crab legs? 
 
My chocolate lover...he sniffs it out like a hound dog.
 
 
 
 
Dad gave haircuts this month.. This is Simon.  Oops!
 
I found this picture on my cell phone.  What a funny looking carrot!  We did starter seeds for the carrots and then transferred them to the garden.  Come to find out the little pods don't dissolve in Alaskan soil, so the carrot grew in the shape of a very stretched-out starter pod.  
 
Noah turned 9.  Sweet Noah.  Why is this kid growing up so fast?  Yellow pancakes for his birthday breakfast.
 
 
  
 
This turkey's name is "Dinner."  Yes, I know.  Clever.  He likes to torment me.  Everytime I walk outside he tries to attack me!  I always feel a bit embarrased when he tries to jump on me and I scream.  Little does he know, but I'll win in the end.  Bwahahahahaha...
 
And finally Simon's birthday.  7 years old.  Green pancakes.
 
He wanted what the boys call "worm cake."  They think the icing looks like worms.  Its a Sams Club special and we love it! 
 
I told you Levi likes chocolate!  Before we could get the cake cut, he was already having a piece.  Silly kid.
 
 
 
For Monkey's birthday we got him Taekwondo lessons. This is a picture before his first class. He was so excited!
 
 
This car has done good but it's time to say goodbye to "The Boogie."  For almost a year, there has been a short in the headlight and brake light wiring.  At randon times the headlights will just go out.  And the brake lights just went out and never came back on.  Scared me to death one night when I was on my way home from activities and everything went completely dark.  The other issue is the heater.  Doesn't work when it hits about -10.  If we have to go anywhere when it's super cold, my poor boys have to be in full gear and then I wrap blankets around them.  We've tried several times to get these problems fixed, but after spending thousands of dollars and the problems have returned, we're done.  I'm excited to go car shopping!

No comments: