Tuesday, June 26, 2012

~Don't mess with my baby!

Last year there was a crane's nest right by our house and we loved hearing and see them during the summer.  This year we were excited to see the cranes had come back.  We hadn't seen them for quite a while though, but today standing in the middle of the road was Mama Crane and her Baby.  Yay!!  I was in the car with the boys headed home and stopped to take a picture with my phone.  I rolled down the window and Mama got upset!!  She stuck her head low, wings out and started stomping.  Next thing I know, she's honking and making all sorts of weird noises.  I swear she was threatening to attack the car.  Baby ran around to the other side and into the bush.  We sat there for a minute while she yelled at us.  Then she ran in front of the car to find her baby.  I know we stressed her out, but it was fun to see the baby and its mother's protective nature.  At the end of it, she and baby were reunited and on their way.  Hopefully they won't need therapy after experiencing the terrifying Connolly family!!


I love Alaska wildlife!

2 comments:

Me and my boys said...

I LOVE the pictures, we absolutely love crane's over here!!! It looks like fun!!!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you stopped for the "kodak moment!" Mama crane is beautiful, even if she is ticked off! And seriously, if you keep posting pictures you're gonna end up with me as a house guest!