Thursday, April 3, 2014

~End of December 2013, bitter sweet

For a while now I've known my time as yw president was growing short.  A little birdy gave me a heads up so I knew my release was coming. (Thank goodness.  I don't do well with change so I appreciated knowing beforehand.)  The Bishop came over after Christmas. He gave me my "two weeks notice," literally.  I felt relief and sadness, but I also felt it was right.  The presidency had planned a kidnap breakfast the following week. The day of the breakfast was weird and confusing for me.  To my surprise, I began to feel very protective of these girls. One by one, as we picked them up, I felt there was no way I could be done.  I LOVE THESE GIRLS! My heart was breaking.  But, being that I knew this was one of the last times I would be with them, I held it together for a few hours.  It was a fun, quick breakfast and then we took girls home.
 


 
Since I was getting released I decided to throw caution to the wind (we all know I'm a rebel at heart ;)).  Before I took the girls home, I let the girls drive my (new-to-me) car. heehe...  Oh boy was that fun!! We went to a big parking lot and I let them take turns driving around light poles.  
 
Oh my...hahaha 
 
All the girls that drove had their learners permit :)
 
Ashlee, very cautious, but did great.

 
Liz, the professional

 
McKinley, barely fit in my seat...long legs!  She did great.

 
Mary, oh Mary.  She asked which pedal was the gas and which was the brake.  Then she almost wrecked into a light pole.  Between the screaming and laughing, she said the pedals in her moms car were switched. Really Mary!?!  How does this girl have her permit?  I haven't laughed, screamed and been that scared in a long time.



No comments: