Monday, May 7, 2012

~Mr. Creativity aka Noah

Noah has an artistic/creative side.  I believe that comes from his mama...which makes me happy.  Actually, out of all my boys, Noah is most like me...in so many ways.  Anyway, we recieved a letter from the school stating that Noah's artwork was being submitted to a contest in the school district.  The winners would have their artwork displayed in the Mayor's office.  About two weeks later we recieved another letter from the Mayor's office congratulating Noah for being one of the few chosen from his school to have artwork displayed.
The Mayor's office had a nice little ceremony for the selected artists and each got a certificate.  It ended up being about 50 kids from all over the school district from Kindergarten to High School.  Noah's little cat was displayed with 3 other pictures drawn by kids at his school.  When I asked him about all the designs on his cat, he told me they were Star Wars fighters.  ha ha...  I guess if you have an assignment to draw a cat, that's one way to get through it.
 ********************************************


The same week, Noah's class also had a poetry reading and art show in the commons area of their school. Noah did a great job reciting the poem, "Notice."  He also had some pretty cool artwork displayed there too.

2 comments:

Me and my boys said...

WoW Mr. Talented. We love art around here and we think he is very good. Congrats Mr. Noah that is pretty special!!!

Katherine Earl said...

Awesome job, Noah! We are proud of you.