Sunday, September 20, 2009

~Jett's Blessing Day

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby today as Adam blessed Jett. I was reminded of when Noah and Simon were blessed. Their blessings were so different. I remember at Noah's blessing, looking at the circle of men that surrounded him, and I felt the strength of the priesthood. It was the same for Simon. Eleven men stood around him as they gave him a name and a blessing.


Since we've moved up to Alaska, we have tried to make our lives more simple. We've tried to get back to the basics of what is important. We've learned to rely on each other. As Adam took Jett into his arms and walked to the front of the chapel, I looked at Noah and Simon sitting next to me and again I felt so much love. There were no distractions today. No need to impress. No expections. Only Adam's parents were there. I felt love for my little family. Love for Adam and gratefulness that we were married in the temple. Love for the Lord and his marvelous plan...that we can have an eternal family and that the priesthood is the same whether there are eleven men to help bless our baby or two.

Grandpa and Grandma Connolly
They worked so hard on the house and gave lots of love
to Noah and Simon.


I heard from my mom and my siblings today, (well all except one) and I could feel their love and support. I know they all would have been here if it were possible.

4 comments:

Hart Bunch said...

That's neat that you got to bless Jett. What a special day.
You take such cute pictures! He's such a cutie! He looks a lot older that Gavin.

Holly West said...

Great post(s)...it really is about the simple things in life. I'm so glad Jett is healthy and in our family.

Ranee said...

This post brought tears to my eyes! I am all about simplicity! How wonderful that Denine and Nolan were able to be there with you! They are so supportive! It's wonderful to feel the love of our Heavenly Father no matter where you go! We love you guys and are so glad that his blessing was so very special for each of you! :0)

Love,
Ranee and Pete
Gannon, Zoie, Joshua, Jace, Lynzie (and someday...Brynlie)

Me and my boys said...

What a sweet picture, I am glad you got him blessed and that Adam's parents could share that experience with you!!! I can't wait to meet the little guy!!!