Monday, September 21, 2009

~I love being from a small town...

This morning I called The Flower Box in Eagar and Gladys Pena answered. This is how the conversation went...

Me: Hi Gladys. This is Michelle, Tina Slade's daughter. I want to order some flowers for my Granny. It was her birthday yesterday.

G: Ok great. What do you want and how much do you want to spend?

Me: Something nice and about $20

G: What do you want on the card and how do you want to pay?

Me: I want the card to say, "Happy Birthday! Love, Michelle" and my card number is...

G: Ok, we'll get that to her this afternoon. Thanks Michelle

Me: Great! Thanks Gladys

I love being from a small town. Where else can you call the local flower shop and say you want flowers for your Granny...you don't have to give them her real name, number or address, they just say, "ok, we'll get that to her this afternoon."

Awesome!

4 comments:

Me and my boys said...

I want that...I want our boys to grow up in a smaller town than here!!! I love that story!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss you! ;) I've had such fun staying in touch and reading about what you guys have been up to. Keep the stories coming. They make me smile.

The Bushmans said...

Michelle,

What you moved to Alaska? What is Adam doing for work? It is good to see your cute little family. here is our blog mattdeana.blogspot.com. keep in touch. Deana Bushman

Amanda said...

Oh I LOVE THAT! I think that is close to the phone call my mom has with Gladys every mothers day when she gets Grannie flowers. She loves it too! :)