Monday, August 5, 2013

~June - Girls Camp

Girls Camp was a blast, as always.  The camp theme was, "There's no place like home."  Each ward could choose a value color and scene from the Wizard of Oz.  Our ward was the Lollipop Guild and our color was orange. 
 
The assistant camp directors.  They were fabulous and such great sports!  Plus, they really pulled their weight when they had to pick up slack at the last minute.  I hope they got extra blessings for their service.
Sister Lannet and Sister Passmore
 
 
 These girls honestly had the best costumes at camp.  Some wards didn't dress up at all for "The walk down the yellow brick road." We looked awesome. The Lollipop Guild Rocks!!
 
 
The lake is always a favorite.


 Sister Passmore pulled an awesome prank on me.  She moved my whole tent and hid it!  She had a good laugh watching my expression when I discovered it was missing.  She's so fun :)
 
 
A few of my old laurels were up at camp helping out.  These girls are 20 years old now.  :(  I miss them so much.  When I was called to be YW Pres I had 9 active Laurels.  They were awesome examples to the younger girls and have all grown into wonderful women.  I'm so glad they have been a part of my life.


These two became good friends at camp :)
"I don't know karate, but I know c-ra-zy!"
Every time I saw them together that quote came to mind! lol
 


 Such a cute picture of Katelynd and Tabetha 

 
I can't believe how fast time goes by.  This year was my 4th year at camp with these girls.  We have had some great times and some great learning experiences.  I love serving in the church and I love the young women of our ward.  I have also been blessed to see how much Heavenly Father loves them.  He is mindful of each one and so often I can see His hand in their lives.  It's pretty cool. 

No comments: