Saturday, November 17, 2012

October- Beginning of the month and Arizona

I decided I need to add yw photos because I do yw's stuff about every other day.  We did a fun activity with the Activity Day girls about taking care of themselves.  And as a bonus, The Diva Sistas had a return performance!! 
 
 I wish I knew my camera better.  I always say that when I try to take pictures of the Northern Lights.  We had some great auroras at the beginning of the month.  These pictures don't do them justice.



 
We saved and planned and our trip to Arizona and California were awesome!  Adam and Jett drove down to Arizona from Alaska.  It's supposedly a 50 hour trip.  It took Adam and Jett five days to get to Mesa.  They slept in the back of the truck, on the side of the road a few nights.  They got a hotel one night and then stayed with the Earls in Utah the last night.  It was an adventure and I need to get a picture of Adam and Jett together by the truck.  Anyway, the rest of us left a week later on a plane.
 
We got to Arizona and stayed with Jeremy and Echelle.  I took a picture of Jeremy's bird, Sunshine, because he scared the crap out of me.  I'm not a fan of birds, but Noah is really into them.  So he and Adam were checking it out and it started flying around launching air attacks.  Scariest thing ever! I almost had a heart attack and died on our first day of vacation.

 
First order of business...to Grandma and Grandpa's barber shop for haircuts.
 
 Lots of Connolly boys in this picture
 The day after we got in town we took Noah to the Riperian Preserve in Gilbert.  Like I said, he's into birds.  Even though we have ducks in Alaska, he really liked the ducks there.


 Cacti were also a big hit with the boys.  We talked about every one we saw, I think!
Simon's favorite is the prickly pear and Noah's like saguaro.
 I realize this is not a prickly pear, but the boys liked the color.
 Fun times swimming in Uncle Jeremy's pool.  He is a little crazy and throws his kids in the pool if they are grouchy.  I was not grouchy, but did get thrown in the pool.  It scared Noah so bad he started to cry.  I was screaming and he thought Jeremy was being mean to me.  That was one of three times Jeremy made Noah cry by teasing.  It started to get comical.  We know, Noah is sensetive.  Somehow Jeremy always ended up making him laugh too.  We love Uncle Jeremy and his family!
 Adam thought the pool was a little cold.



 Jett was sleeping and wouldn't wake up to save his life, but Levi loved the water.

No comments: