Monday, September 12, 2011

End of Summer Catch-up

One morning I realized that it was very quiet. So I went in search of Jett. This is what I found! He had gotten into my mascara. I laughed so hard. Later on I was grateful he hadn't poked his eye out. Still makes me smile.





Soccer was fun this summer. Noah did a great job.


His team name was the "Ninjas."





Uncle Shaner stayed with us for a few weeks. We LOVED having him here!


And...we really miss him.

This is how Simon felt about soccer for most of his season.
Not much soccer playing, but lots of silliness!
On one of the very few nice days we had, my friend Cheryl and I took the kids to Pioneer Park (Simon calls it "Chinese" Park). It has lots of fun things for the kids to do...train rides, carousel, miniature golf, playground equipment and places to eat.






Simon on the train


Noah, Katherine, Simon, Benjamin, Kristin and Jett







Creamer's Field Migratory Bird Refuge



Jett



Simon found this little shelter and wanted to stand inside. The bugs were attacking his head.
Noah, Simon and Jett


They all picked out their own clothes. They have great fashion sense, especially Simon!!









Summer went by so fast. The boys also took swimming lessons and we visited the lake a few times. It rained almost every day and it never got above 80 degrees. Now it's time to think about winter. Just a few more weeks until the snow comes.

3 comments:

allisonj_2004 said...

looks like tons of fun.

Unknown said...

Snow...yuck!

Me and my boys said...

I love it, thanks for sharing. The fall colors are great. Man your family is getting all growed up as Mater would say. Also...we can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Really great shots.