Friday, July 2, 2010

Midnight Sun Run

My friend, Cheryl and I, attemped to do the Midnight Sun Run this year (I know...me and a race, crazy huh). It is a 10k run that celebrates the Summer Solstice. It starts at 1o p.m. and the festivities begin after midnight. It's quite the event around here. Can you believe this picture was taken about 10:20pm? We are having 24/7 daylight.

Anyway, on the way to the race we came across a young boy that needed some help. After weighing our options it wasn't much of a choice. We helped the boy.

We ended up being about 20 minutes late for the race, so we just parked on some random street and jumped in for about a mile and then turned around went home.

I had fun though and I think I'll try it again next year.

4 comments:

Chantz H. Davis said...

Michelle, of course you stopped to help some poor little boy. Your mother taught you well!:)
Alaska.... what an adventure!
Sister Davis

Unknown said...

Michelle, you are so cute! I admire your attempt, and the idea of taking advantage of so much day light!

Me and my boys said...

You look great, so glad you could be helping that boy!!!

Laura and Jimmy said...

You are awesome! And no, I can't believe it's after 10 pm! Crazy Alaska.