Saturday, July 3, 2010

~Celebrating Tomorrow Today

North Pole had a fun little celebration for the 4th of July.
The theme was "Celebrating Tomorrow Today." The day started off with a little 5k run.
Adam was so funny. On the way to register for the race, he started to get nervous. It was pretty small town though. They didn't even have numbers to pin on their shirts.

Adam took 3rd place. He was very happy that he ran 6-minute-miles. He hasn't ran for years and was a bit tired afterward, but I think he was happy he did it. I was proud of him.

****************

After the race we went to the parade. It was fun, but still not as good as being home. Although, I don't think I've ever seen Santa and Mrs. Claus at the parade in Eagar.

The boys got some candy and Jett even had a good time.
Overall a good day. The only thing missing was a rodeo!

4 comments:

Me and my boys said...

Looks like fun, I am proud of Adam and the pictures. Jett is so stinking adorable1!!

Fawn Harris said...

That is so awesome, Adam but that doesn't surprise me that you did the marathon. congrates Michelle on you doing a marathon, One day I will attempt to do one, Not sure when that will be LOL.

Whitney Lee Slade said...

oh my word! i love this. adams white legs need some help though. and santa is so cool.. althoguh we missed you sooo much for the eagar celebrations. the parade was neat or so i hear.. i was the candy thrower behind the scenes ha. you know how mom is.

jett.. i cant get over how beautiful he is and how much he looks like sim sim. wow..

Whitney Lee Slade said...

oh my word! i love this. adams white legs need some help though. and santa is so cool.. althoguh we missed you sooo much for the eagar celebrations. the parade was neat or so i hear.. i was the candy thrower behind the scenes ha. you know how mom is.

jett.. i cant get over how beautiful he is and how much he looks like sim sim. wow..