Sunday, June 13, 2010

~I survived Girls Camp!

Girls Camp was a lot of fun this year. The girls in my ward are AWESOME!!! They were such good sports even though it rained every day. There was no fighting, complaining, drama or tears. Just lots of laughing, helping and memory making. I could not ask for better Young Women.



The theme was "Be Your Best Hero." The scripture hero we picked was Helaman and the Stripling Warriors. The ward camp director and I made two 8 ft. Stripling Warriors that guarded our camp. The girls thought that was awesome. We had swords, shields and headbands too! It was a lot of fun. The picture above only shows one stripling warrior. The other guy was kidnapped and being held for ransome. The girls look pretty serious in this picture, but they were trying to look tough! We were headed to steal back our warrior. Anyway, we are missing the YCL's in this picture, but the total that went to camp from our ward was 20. We had the largest group in the stake.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Adam's mom had lots of fun playing with the boys. She flew in from AZ, just so that I could go to camp. She had the boys for 4 days straight. Go Grandma Connolly!! Anyway, the boys had a great time and cried when she left today. My prayers were answered this week...everyone at home and at camp had a great time.

4 comments:

Whitney Lee Slade said...

ahh. i love it. shell the warrior man turned out fantastic! look at your artistic hand. how fun.

and i think many prayers were had on your behalf, they better have been answered!!!! TI AMO TANTO, mucho.

Me and my boys said...

Yea, I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

That looks very scary. ;) I'm good in Primary. Yeah, she did work at that Home Depot. Now she's at Bed Bath & Beyond in Paradise Valley. Have you known where she was this whole time! ;)

Emily said...

I miss those girls! Glad you survived and so proud of the NO DRAMA-ness of it all...I bet you're a super fun Young Women's leader!