Friday, November 20, 2009

~Ouch, Cool Hat, 2 month checkup and Weather

This is Noah's chin after he fell down the stairs at the beginning of the month. Even though it's been a few weeks, you can still see the pink skin where his ouchie has healed. Noah has also been blessed with the "Lee" nostrils. He is so lucky!
Papa and Granny mailed us a package that had lots of fun winter stuff in it. Simon is modeling his favorites from the box. Papa gave each of the boys a hat. They are all red and white. Thanks Papa! (by-the-way, Papa is recovering from his accident...thank heavens)
Jett had his 2 month check up. At the beginning of the month he weighed 11 pounds, 8 ounces and measured 22 inches long. His breathing is totally normal and the dr. said he's a very healthy boy. That's what we like to hear. Keep on growin' Jett!!
Adam has been working hard on the house still trying to get it ready for the cold weather...even though the cold weather is already here. Today has been the coldest, topping out at 37 degrees below zero. It did warm up to around 29 below by the end of the day.

We have also realized that washing machines are sensetive to the cold. We have now gone through 2 washers only to find that once they thaw out, they work just fine. Adam has a solution though and he'll be working on that tomorrow.

I'm pretty obsessed with the weather since this Arizona girl has never lived anywhere this cold. The amount of daylight is decreasing also. Today the sun came up at 9:42 a.m. and sunset was at 3:27 p.m. The length of daylight is 5 hours and 44 minutes. We are losing 6 minutes and 10 seconds of daylight a day.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

12 comments:

Me and my boys said...

You are braver than me, my friend. So cold...love the pictures of the boys, they are adorable!!!

allisonj_2004 said...

You are brave. I think Utah is cold. I guess I wont complain. Good Luck.

Lucia said...

Sounds like an adventure of a lifetime! I love your countdown of how much day light you lose a day. Keep Warm. Your boys are adorable.

sladefamilyaz said...

So glad to hear Jett is healthy! I read to Bryant about the weather and daylight - so interesting. You are brave!

Fawn Harris said...

Oh my goodness Michelle, I couldn't even handle Taylor Weather. LOL I am so sad. Sounds like a bunch of fun and Hope all goes great for the rest of the winter. We will send you some sun. Just send us some cold. PLEASE

Michelle Connolly said...

I'm not sure if brave is the right word. I can think of other words that describe crazy people a lot better!! lol :)

I didn't realize it, but Adam pointed out that I've asked him several times in the last few days if he was glad he moved us up here. Apparently, I'm missing the Arizona sun :)

Unknown said...

So how is your other "son" Cooper taking the cold?

Ranee said...

Wow! You guys are amazing! Your boys are so precious! Take care and stay warm! :0)

Jeremy & Echelle Slade said...

Hey woman! Your boys are so cute and consideribly missed down here! I can't believe how big they are getting. Jett looks more and more like Simon each time I see him. He is a little hotty! I am glad you figured out the washer thing, that could get expensive! We love you guys!

allisonj_2004 said...

I need you address for Christmas cards. Hope your not freezing.

Laura and Jimmy said...

wow. that is really really cold. i miss you!!! i really do.

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/daftar-tanaman-obat-beserta-manfaatnya-untuk-kesehatan/