Monday, November 9, 2009

~Tears and Prayers

This is my Papa and Granny. Last week my Papa was in a terrible accident. On his morning walk, he tripped and got ran over by a small truck. He had multiple broken ribs, open skull fracture, multiple cracked vertebrae, internal bleeding and a collapsed lung... he was in pretty bad shape.

He was flown from Eagar to St. Jo's hospital in Phoenix. After surgery to clear a blocked artery, a tube inserted into his lung, a back brace and lots of medication, he is starting to heal. He is such a great example of strength and endurance. He's not giving up yet!

So many prayers have been offered for his man, but I know that none of them have had the power and strength than that of my Grannys prayers. She loves her life-long mate. I have never known them to be apart, always standing side by side, holding hands.

I was privileged to grow-up just blocks away from these two special people. So many wonderful life lessons were learned from them. I miss them tremendously and pray for them both.

5 comments:

Lucia said...

Our prayers our with your family, what a tradegy! And what cute grandparents!

Me and my boys said...

They are just sweet, I love your Granny's smile!!!

Ranee said...

Oh, Michelle! I am SO sorry! Please know that our prayers are with your Granny and Papa and with your sweet family! :0)

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I think about your grandparents often. Wondering how they are doing. I will definately send prayers your way. ;)

Holly West said...

Shell...I miss talking to you on my way home from work in Salt Lake...man I've been so busy these days. Thanks for the post of Papa and Granny. I miss them too and absolutely love that picture. There are few marriages like theirs, they are so strong. Love ya and hope to chat with you soon.