Tuesday, April 7, 2009

~the last few weeks

~Last weekend Adam, I and the boys attempted to go camping. After a really cold, windy night at Pinal Mountain we packed up the tent and headed off to check out Roosevelt to see if it was any better. The weather was warmer, but I think the wind was blowing 100 miles an hour. Noah had fun learning to catch butterflies and Simon was busy picking up random things to throw in the water. His greatest find, which scared Adam, was a fishing lure that looked like a worm. After Roosevelt we headed to Payson to check out the Tonto Fish Hatchery. We were hoping that the "Catch-A-Trout" place was open, but no luck. It was still a fun day.












~A few weeks ago my mom and I made a trip to Utah to be there for the blessing of little Annie, Holly's first baby. Unfortunately, the West family made other plans for the weekend so the baby blessing didn't happen, but it was a GREAT trip anyway!

No kids, (except Annie), no guys, and ALL girls, ALL weekend. It was awesome to spend time with mom, Holly and Whitney. We've never really done that before, just us girls. I haven't laughed so hard in years! My mom was hilarious! One of the main goals was to get her a dress for the wedding and we did that. She's going to look fabulous. (as a side note, we really missed Echelle and Jennifer - we hope to have another girls trip with everyone real soon)





We also got to spend Saturday night reminiscing with my cousin, Amanda. It was awesome remembering the good old days. She used to spend summers with our family. It was so fun.




Another highlight was that I was able to spend some time with Jon, Katherine, Andrew and their new baby, Carson. I miss the Earl's, but I got to see them every day I was in Utah. Another reason the trip was great.

1 comment:

Whitney Lee Slade said...

haha.. ha, this is the best. i love simon and noah! i didnt know you guys did that. how fun.

so.. we had the best weekend ever. i love you all the way past heaven sis. thanks for the smiles, laughs and loves! it was a nice boost.